Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865) served as the 16th President of the United States from March 1861 until his assassination in April 1865. He successfully led the country through its greatest internal crisis, the American Civil War, preserved the Union, and ended slavery. Reared in a poor family on the western frontier, he was mostly self-educated. He became a country lawyer, an Illinois state legislator, and a one-term member of the United States House of Representatives.



Famous quotes of Abraham Lincoln on friendship
=================================================================

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
" By Abraham Lincoln " 

========

The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.
" By Abraham Lincoln " 

========

We are not enemies, but friends.  We must not be enemies.  Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.  The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature.  
" By Abraham Lincoln " 

========

I desire to so conduct the affairs of this administration that if at the end, when I come to lay down the reins of power, I have lost every other friend on earth, I shall at least have one friend left, and that friend shall be down inside of me.
" By Abraham Lincoln "

========

I don't like that man. I'm going to have to get to know him better.
" By Abraham Lincoln "

========

'A drop of honey catches more flies than a gallon of gal.'' So with men. If you would win a man to your cause, first convince him that you are his sincere friend. Therein is a drop of honey which catches his heart, which, say what he will, is the highroad to his reason.
" By Abraham Lincoln "
========


No comments:

Post a Comment